Securing your data and honouring your data privacy preferences are a key priority for us at Typhoon Wealth UK Limited (“T8”) and our business partners. Together, we are strongly committed to protecting your data from loss, misuse, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
2 Information Collection Circumstances
We will collect information on you in the below circumstances, which may include:
- Account onboarding
- Transactions execution
- Account profile updates
- Customer service interactions
- Promotional interactions
- T8 social media Interactions
3 Your Information Collected
We will collect the following information on you:
- Date of Birth
- Identification Proof
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Selfie Image
- Credit/Debit Card Details
- IP Address
- Device ID
- Mobile Network
- Operating System
- Tax Residency
- T8 Account:
- Login Details
- A/C #
- A/C Type
- BIC #
- Customer support communications
4 Your Information Uses
We will only use your information for the below purposes:
- Optimize functionality of the T8 App and website
- Customize user experience for you
- Transaction confirmations & updates
- T8 App and website protection
- Legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Promotional materials circulation (You may opt-out of these by clicking the ‘Opt-Out’ option in your profile/the promotional material or contacting us per the means in Section 12 below. Please allow up to 10 business days for your Opt-Out Preferences to take effect)
Aside from the above bulleted points, please note that:
- We will not sell your information to any third parties
- We only share with our business partners and vendors the minimum information about you needed for their services with us
- We may share your information without your consent under these extreme, sudden and unforeseen circumstances:
- As required by law
- In good faith to protect the safety and integrity of the T8 App and its users
5 Your Information Usage Locations
We will only use your information in the locations that we and our business partners operate, which include:
- United Kingdom
- European Union
6 Your Information Rights
You have the following rights over your information subject to any conditions specified by law:
- Access: You can always obtain your data from us and understand how we process it.
- Rectification: You can amend your information by updating your profile or contacting us per the means in Section 12 below.
- Objection: You can object to how we process your information.
- Erasure: You can erase your information subject to our regulatory data retention requirements.
- Automated Decision-Making: You can opt against decisions being made about you on an automated basis.
- Restriction: You can restrict how we process your information.
- Portability: You can receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have it sent to another entity.
- Complain: We would be happy to hear your feedback or you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain) or the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/).
We will do our best to accommodate your request as soon as possible, but please note that such requests may be restricted or rejected in line with what is required or permitted by law.
7 Your Children’s Information
Your children’s safety is our priority. Information related to Child Accounts can only be used with the consent of a parent/guardian.
8 Information Security Measures
We protect your information in line with the UK and European Union General Data Protection Act and the UK Data Protection Act by the following measures:
- 2 factor authentication
- Data encryption
- Secure servers
- Physical and virtual data access limits
- Business partner and vendor data privacy agreements and protocols (We will ensure our business partners and vendors have adequate security measures and access to your information for the purpose of the provision of our services only)
- Data de-identification and destruction as required by law
9 Information Retention
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to provide the services you require and as required by law.
10 Business Partners Websites & Services Links
Last Update: 14 January 2021